Australian existing customers

A place to get answers about which CNC products to look at for your specific application. We have everything from complete controllers in different sizes and in both stepper and servo configurations. A good place to start and get basic answers
hsolve

Australian existing customers

Post by hsolve »

I am just about to order a new system, however I would be comforting to get some feed back and conversation with customers in Australia.
julianhussey

Re: Australian existing customers

Post by julianhussey »

I would not worry - I am in the UK and have had support of people all over the world as if they where next door!!

Just go and order you won't regret it - the passion for what CandCNC do appears to be great - you might be made to learn the hard way but I can assure you that will pay you back!!!
hsolve

Post by hsolve »

Thankyou for your response Julian, however my thought was to fast track my understanding and feel for both the hardware and software. It had also to do with options for freight, having a plan 'B' or even 'C' does help.
Own table 2060mm by 6700mm dowm draft
Own floating head Z, 500mm travel
PM125 + hand torch + Router
MP3500 DTHCIV servo 5A
julianhussey

Post by julianhussey »

With regard to freight - all my equipment has been sent to me using USPS and the average wait drom despatch to the UK has been 2-3 weeks!! :(

I have however just bought a few extra bits from CandCNC and arranged DHL to pick up on my behalf and import to the UK. Picked up on Wednesday (2 days ago) and just dropped of here today (Friday) - superb service.

It was a 12inch square box weighing 5 kg - £25GBP :D
admin13o5
Site Admin

Post by admin13o5 »

One of the major issues with shipping stuff to AU is that there is with the USPS a size and weight limit. It precludes shipping our larger Plazpak units. And our US Post office wonders why they lose money every year! DHL is really good in most countries but even though we have a DHL account they will NOT let me ship outside the US on my account. The order has to come from the buyer on their account then they dispatch out a yellow truck and pick it up. I ship tons of goods via DHL to other accounts and receive almost as much but never on my account (??) We have over the years shipped a lot of systems to AU and had pretty good experience. At one point we applied and were granted a export ID by Canadian customs that they said would expedite the customs process BUT with the current USPS restrictions it negated that process. What is somewhat puzzling is that I can ship virtually anything I want (size and weight) to a lot of other countries. My postal workers can't tell me anything but just read the rules to me out of the postal system handbook ...then again they are a quasi-government agency and get a logical answer from them is virtually impossible.
matx4

Post by matx4 »

I used a freight forwarding agent to get my system earlier this month work out ok. they claim up to 40% cheaper rates came via DHL.
hsolve

Post by hsolve »

Thank's to all regarding freight, after some digging there does seem to be a couple of options which are favorable. What i am most interested in is getting some contacts in Australia with customers that have recently( within the last 3 years) purchased systems from Candcnc.
MP3500 DTHCIV servo 5A
ajfoxy

Post by ajfoxy »

Hi hsolve,
A bit late for you perhaps but I have purchased two systems from CandCNC since 2011. The first was for a plasma table Bladerunner with 5 axis. And the second was for a CNC Router table. Same unit but without the THC.
Their gear is very good and they do answer plaintive cries for help... but you have to do the digging. They do not spoonfeed one. Which is a good thing as it gets the train of thought going in the right direction.
With regard to freight / postage. Both came in two separate boxes with controller and bits in one and the motor and the rest of the bits in the other. Had no issue with delivery apart from having to cough up Import duties and Tax on the second unit. For some reason the first unit did not incur anything. I think it was because each box had a separate invoice/delivery note on. Delivery costs were in the A$350 plus bracket. Duties and tax around A$230 odd if I remember correctly.
hsolve

Post by hsolve »

ajfoxy thank you for reply. I have my system '5 axis srevo motor' now for about two weeks. When time permits have a play. It has only been this last week that I have installed the software, after installing on my lap top and printing out the manuals found this is not advisable. So arranged a desk top with windows 7 32. It was not as plane a sailing as I thought. The licences had to be installed manually, which is something I was not expecting, and at first did not occur to me that this is a problem. I assumed it was a computer issue. Anyway the main reason for trying to get local customers is for the reason, it is simpler and more expedient to just ring someone, and say I have this problem, did you encounter it and how did you solve it. For a first timer not having done anything like this before it is frustrating, as the obvious things are not so obvious and you second guess yourself, is what I am doing and or getting is correct. After discovering that manual install was required, all is now OK. One question is regarding the drawing package 'coreldraw' . There are as I have discovered many versions of say 'Coreldraw x6' 'educational, designer, and graphic. Which one is the right one, all seem to have the x6 drawing package, and is that all that is required. All the enquiries I have made all the dealers are pushing x7. Will x7 work, I will not arrange anything unless I know it will work
MP3500 DTHCIV servo 5A
admin13o5
Site Admin

Post by admin13o5 »

For the type work you are going to use CoreDraw for plasam cutting virtually ANY version back to ver 12 will work. You get absolutely nothing that works better for plasma layout in new versions. I still use X3 for most of my work and even for non-plasma stuff (like writing manuals) I am on X4. X5 was not a great version (lots of bugs) but my crew reports X6 is really stable. We know nothing about X7. Of course a dealer is going to push you to the latest version because thay are pressured from Corel to sell the latest version and its much more money int both their pockets. Most of the differences in the different types in a version relaese have to do with things like Clipart and Fonts included and in come case the VB run time engine is not included so you cannot run macros. That can be a problem with some of the older versions because the earlier DXF tool WAS a VBA app. Later ones are not. Be aware that CorelDraw for 64 bit is a different package and a lot of the 3rd party applications will not run or need another more expensive version to run....such is the case for DXFTools.

I don't know why you had to install the licenses manually. They are on the CD and the installer just gets them and puts them in the proper place on any setup/ As long as the folder structure is the default (C:\MACH3 on that PC and C:\Program Files\SheetCAM TNG on the SheetCAM computer it should work. You still have to use the license manager in SheetCAM to activate. One thing that will trow a kink is to have a WIN 7 64 trying to run in 32. It won't work for paralel port systems and it does not have the same folder structure for SheetCAM (Program files are in the X86 directory for the 32 bit apps)

Even in the US where there are thousands of CandCNC customers you find that three is a limited amount of knowledge. Because most of the users are not technical or computer guru's they depend on the auto installers we provide and the manuals. If it is something they have not done or seen they don't feel qualified to answer a question. There are over 1000 members on this forum and you find only a few members actually will respond to questions. I understand because they don't hang around the forum if they don't have a reason and would rather be cutting than cruising the web. I takes a lot of time to hang around on forums and even more to answer a "quick question" There are a;most NO quick answers past "I don't know" :D