PM45 Mini Machine Torch Upgrade

A place to get answers about which CNC products to look at for your specific application. We have everything from complete controllers in different sizes and in both stepper and servo configurations. A good place to start and get basic answers
Elmo2resc

PM45 Mini Machine Torch Upgrade

Post by Elmo2resc » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:24 pm

I remember reading somewhere that when the new PM 45XP came out that the new torch design wouldn't work on the older PM 45. I also remember someone saying they would work but Hypertherm didn't support (something like that). Well I am looking to buy a machine torch for my PM 45 table to free up my hand torch. I found on their website the other day that they do have retrofit torches. See the link below.

https://www.hypertherm.com/en-US/our-co ... em-owners/

I was looking at buying a 059481 Mini Torch with a 15' lead. When I look the number up all the sites that carry it say it is not compatible with the older PM 45. Are their sites just not up to date? Hypertherm released this information 2 years ago. I tried searching this forum but couldn't find what I was looking for. Thanks to anyone for the help.

Jerome
PM45
Hotrodfab 2x4 Table
300-4 w/DTHC V
Z with bump slide
FT-01 Ohmic Sensor
Linux Micro PC
CommandCNC, SheetCam, Inkscape

admin13o5
Site Admin

Re: PM45 Mini Machine Torch Upgrade

Post by admin13o5 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:28 am

Hum...my understanding is taht you can buy a new torch for the older 45 that takes the new 45XP consumables. You won't have the same specs as the XP as far as cutting and stuff but the torch technology is a little better. ALl if this is heresay on my part. The best source woul dbe Jim Colt (with Hypertherm for 36 years) He still posts over on Plasma Spider forum under the Hypertherm sub forum and that would be the best place I thnk to get a solid answer.

Elmo2resc

Re: PM45 Mini Machine Torch Upgrade

Post by Elmo2resc » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:21 pm

OK, Thanks for the information.
PM45
Hotrodfab 2x4 Table
300-4 w/DTHC V
Z with bump slide
FT-01 Ohmic Sensor
Linux Micro PC
CommandCNC, SheetCam, Inkscape